Tuesday, October 20, 2009

NC State vs. Gardner-Webb

I know we went to the game in September, but I figured better late then never. Jett's first State game was also Jett's first Gardner-Webb game. He granddaddy's alta malter vs. daddy's alta malter. But of course being State fans we sat on the State side with full State gear on. However, I did have my Gardner-Webb shirt on underneath my jersey just in case.

We tailgated before the game and Jett took it all in. I was scared that he would get freaked out by all the people and noise, but he did just fine. When the players come out of the tunnel and they set off fire works I thought for sure he would scream. Nope, he thought it was great. It amazes me that already he is becoming a little independent man. And, in a way that makes me a little sad, but I'm reminded that I'm his mommy and he'll always be my little boy.

The best part of our whole trip was watching the joy on Granddaddy and Memaw's faces as they spent time with their grandson's. I can't help but think that while granddaddy was attending State he didn't know at the time that he would be back years later with his wife, daughter,son,son-in-law, daughter-in-law and 2 sweet grandbabies with such joy in his heart. What a fun day!

Tailgating

State Boys!

"Hey Memaw whatcha doing all the way down there?"

In the stands.

Yeah Aunt Beba and Mewaw!

This is getting intense.

Seriously how do you sleep in a packed out football stadium?

Two happy grandparents.

3 Comentários:

Kara said...

Haha it looks like y'all had so much fun! Loved the post ad the pics...I might stalkurblog for updates. :) love y'all!

Ashley Yates said...

He looks better in purple :x JK! He looks great in any color b/c hims perfect. But on a serious note...it's alma mater nor alta malter!

The Beaver Bunch said...

He's so stinkin' cute.

Post a Comment